In a January 4th, 2021 virtual meeting of the leadership of the Haw Creek Community Association, a number of items were discussed including:
1) A review of 2020 accomplishments which included:
- Revamping the Ilovehawcreek.com website;
- Sponsoring food trucks over three seasons as a way to provide safe social engagement during the pandemic;
- Multiple litter and landscaping cleanups
- A May 30th community parade to honor Haw Creek graduates
- Advocating for protection and replacement of trees lost at Haw Creek Elementary School during facilities expansion
- Leadership in advocating for the Arco Rd greenway scheduled to open in 2021
- Publication of two issues of the Haw Creek newsletter to all Haw Creek households
- Creation of mission statement for our community association–posted on this website
2) Creation of standing committees to advance the work of the association.
The committees, their roles, and their membership are as follows:
Community Engagement Committee Communications with the greater Haw Creek community. Responsible for content for the website, Facebook page, Next Door posts and periodic newsletters. Members are Wayne Robbins, Wyndy Bonesteel, Michael Harrison and Chris Pelly
Clean and Green Committee Initiates and leads cleanups and beautification efforts. Responsible for identifying needs and organizing litter cleanups, landscaping and flower plantings. Members are Renate Rikkers, Elizabeth Matthews, Susan Michael and Holly Arghiere
Infrastructure Committee Initiate and lead on expansion of needs identified in 2018/19 survey of Haw Creek residents. Responsible for building collaborations with institutions and people capable of helping address identified needs. Members are Patrick Gilbert, Barber Melton, Holly Arghiere, Susan Michael and Chris Pelly
Food Truck Committee Responsible for scheduling food trucks, site management, as well as to seek opportunities to integrate food trucks into overall association activities. Members are Renate Rikkers, Georgena Millar and Chris Pelly
Budget and Fundraising Committee Establish annual budget for association and make fundraising goals. Responsible for creating fundraising plans to support infrastructure development commitments and other identified needs. Members are Bruce Michael, Georgena Millar and Chris Pelly
3) Discussion of Annual Mtg of the Haw Creek Community Asso.
Because of the on-going pandemic the board of directors voted 12-0 to cancel the annual meeting scheduled for Monday March 1st. The primary goal of the annual meeting is to elect six of 12 members to the board of directors. Each year half the board is elected to two-year terms. The board will instead have elections for all twelve seats in March, 2022.