There’s currently an opening on the HCCA Board of Directors. Live in Haw Creek and want to help build up your neighborhood? Email us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The HCCA Board works to build community through social events, including the summer BBQ and other events throughout the year, and we encourage and help residents in creating local interest groups. We maintain the neighborhood through litter cleanups and augment it by working to create shared spaces such as Haw Creek Park and the Masters Park. We also work closely with the city to improve pedestrian and bike safety with sidewalks, to prevent over-development, and to advocate for Haw Creek homeowners and the neighborhood in general whenever issues arise.
What is involved with being a board member?
- Be a member in good standing of the HCCA with annual dues paid.
- Attend monthly board meetings, which are approximately 1.5 hours in duration. Some month’s meeting may be shorter if combined with a social event. Be accessible for personal contact in between board meetings.
- Attend Association sponsored events.
- Be willing to serve on a committee or take on an assignment if needed.
- Take responsibility for self-education on the major issues before the board.
- Act as an ambassador for HCCA by helping to communicate the mission of our organization with neighbors and Haw Creek organizations through the Association’s various communications and at social events.