GET ON BOARD!!!
The Haw Creek Community Association is vital to our neighborhood; not only for our social events and newsletter, but letting the city know the feelings of our community regarding issues that affect Haw Creek. At our Annual Meeting on Tuesday, March 6, 2018 we will be voting for six new board members.
Per our By-Laws, the membership votes on board members at the annual meeting, then the board votes on officers. Next year the board will be voting for President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer.
What is involved with being a board member?
- Be a member in good standing of the HCCA with annual dues paid.
- Attend monthly board meetings, which are approximately 1.5 hours in duration. Some month’s meeting may be shorter if combined with a social event. Be accessible for personal contact in between board meetings.
- Attend Association sponsored events.
- Be willing to serve on a committee or take on an assignment if needed.
- Take responsibility for self-education on the major issues before the board.
- Act as an ambassador for HCCA by helping to communicate the mission of our organization with neighbors and Haw Creek organizations through the Association’s various communications and at social events.
Next year will be a challenging year; the community will be working on Haw Creek Comprehensive Plan to be submitted to the city. This Plan will be the community’s vision for Haw Creek in five, ten, fifteen years.
If you are interested in being on the board and contributing to make Haw Creek a great place to live then please email us HERE.