If you have information to share or would like to contribute an article, please let us know.
Move Haw Creek to Report Transportation Study Findings at Feb. 28th Community Mtg
Plan to join your neighbors 7pm Wednesday, Feb.28th in the gym of Evergreen Community Charter School to hear the findings of the Move Haw Creek study for improving biking and walking options in the Haw Creek valley.
For the past several months Move Haw Creek members have been studying ideas to improve pedestrian and biking options. The five ideas evaluated for improving pedestrian and bike safety in the Haw Creek valley are:
- Widening New Haw Creek and Old Haw Creek Roads (to create a dedicated space for bike lanes and/or sidewalks)
- Greenway in the Haw Creek creek floodplain (to create a dedicated off road space for walking and biking)
- Make one-way portions of New Haw Creek and Old Haw Creek roads (to free up a lane as a dedicated safe space for walking and biking)
- Additional sidewalks (create additional dedicated safe space for walking)
- Increase traffic calming (to slow traffic thereby making walking and biking safer)
The purpose of the Feb. 28th meeting is to share our evaluation findings and hear citizen feedback and input.
With growth in Haw Creek and Asheville expected to continue, Move Haw Creek members seek a more holistic approach to the safety needs of our growing community. Our findings may surprise you–they did us–and we believe therefore warrant a broad-based community conversation.
We hope you can join us February 28th. Thank you,
Brendan Beers, Thomas Wolfe and Chris Pelly