About Haw Creek
The Haw Creek Community Association is nonprofit, 501(c)(3) group committed to protecting and promoting the interests of the overall Haw Creek neighborhood. The quality of life here in Haw Creek is important to us, so we’re always looking for ways to improve it.
We do our best to build community through social events, including the summer BBQ and the various events throughout the year, and we encourage and help residents in creating local interest groups.
We maintain the neighborhood through litter cleanups and augment it by working to create shared spaces such as Haw Creek Park and the Masters Park. We also work closely with the city to improve pedestrian and bike safety with sidewalks, to prevent overdevelopment, and to advocate for Haw Creek homeowners and the neighborhood in general whenever issues arise.
These efforts require time, energy, and manpower from neighborhood volunteers. Care to get involved? The first step is to become a member is by paying your annual dues – those dues are what keep the Association running. But we’d also love to have you get directly involved by attending meetings, volunteering for a cleanup, or even spearheading a new project. If there’s something you’d like to see the Association do, why not lead the way? Contact us for more information on how you might be able to help.
Board of Directors for 2017
Lisa Thomson, President
Kim Masnick, Vice President
Paula Marzella, Secretary
Kim Masnick, Treasurer
What is involved with being a board member?
- Be a member in good standing of the HCCA with annual dues paid.
- Attend monthly board meetings, which are approximately 1.5 hours in duration. Some month’s meeting may be shorter if combined with a social event. Be accessible for personal contact in between board meetings.
- Attend Association sponsored events.
- Be willing to serve on a committee or take on an assignment if needed.
- Take responsibility for self-education on the major issues before the board.
- Act as an ambassador for HCCA by helping to communicate the mission of our organization with neighbors and Haw Creek organizations through the Association’s various communications and at social events.